* This course is approved by the Delaware Department of Justice as meeting the approved instruction for CCW.
Classes fill up quickly and are offered on a limited basis. Check back for more availability.
1 day, 8 hours
$250.00 per person (special pricing available for groups of 5 or more.) Please contact our Division of Education and Training to find out more.
Training will be conducted at our 53 Strategic Training Center
located in Dover, DE. (after scheduling, you will receive an email with class details and instructions.)
- Foundational Marksmanship
- Training development
- Marksmanship is perishable
- Handgun Techniques
- Carrying Concealed/Open Carry
- Withdrawing from a holster
- Clothing obstructions
- Overcoming Malfunctions
- Range Operations (Dry fire drills and live fire practice) [250 rounds minimum]
- Handgun manipulation
- Shooting from Concealed Carry holster
- Multiple Threat acquisitions
- Situational Awareness (assessing a situation before engaging)
- Application of Overcoming Malfunctions
- Shooting on the Move (SotM)
- Application of Foundational Marksmanship
- Use of Force/Self-Defense, Legal Updates
- Delaware Law/General US Gun Law/Case Law
- Gun Free zones/Private Property
- Conflict Resolution
- Scenario Based Training
- De-escalation techniques
- Environment (location, bystanders, accountable for each round)
- What to do if you are involved in a use of force/self-defense situation
- Firearms and ammunition
- Safe use, manipulation, transportation and safe storage (i.e., children in the home, preventing access, theft, prohibited persons)
- Laws (Federal, State, Local)
- Purchase, sale, or transfer
- Prohibited Persons
- Consideration of personal CCW Insurance
- Process for obtaining a CCW
- Reciprocity CCW-Military
Low Light Shoot
For a student to obtain the CCW permit in most states, a set of objectives must be met regarding the safe use, knowledge, handling, storage, transportation, state/federal law, and use of force/self-defense. We have tailored our course to meet many states CCW requirements, however you are responsible for validating that our course meets or satisfies the rules, regulations and/or law of the state you wish to obtain a CCW. You may request copy of our course syllabus to share/provide to the department within your State who approves such training to carry concealed. The student must successfully demonstrate the safe and proper handling of firearms throughout the hours of instruction. Students must also demonstrate proper weapon manipulations in a variety of situations adhering to specific target standards established by 53 Strategic.
* Any student that cannot meet and maintain our safety standards and/or who cannot meet and demonstrate the minimum handgun foundational skills required for this class may be withdrawn from training without certification.
All students must have the following equipment:
- Pistol in good working order with at least 2 magazines (we recommend you bring the firearm you intend on carrying)
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5" wide belt
- Magazine carriers, holders, or pouches
- Belt mounted or inside the waist band holster
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning (no slippers, sandals, open footware, etc.)
- Casual, comfortable clothing suitable for training in any weather (no sweat pants)
- Hydration system
- Hearing protection
- Wrap-around eye protection
- Note taking materials
- Ammunition, .38, 9mm, .40sig, .45acp
Please contact our Division of Education and Training with any questions you may have. Please read all information provided prior to signing up for our course.
This course has an estimated round count of 500
Only non-toxic or lead free rounds allowed. Magtech, PMC, Sig Sauer, etc.